Monday, October 24, 2011

Red Colors Didn't Work as Planned

My latest fishing trip went according to plan but it didn’t have the outcome I was hoping for. The plan was to use red color lures in the mourning and then go with brighter colors in the afternoon. So as soon as I got out by the water I reached for a red and black South Bend Spinner, then a black and red plastic worm on a Texas rig, followed by my brand new Northland Buck-Shot Rattle Gold Spoon.

Unfortunately nothing worked. I didn’t get a bite for about an hour so I went into by tackle box for some other lures. I got a strike on South Bend Bucktail Spoon but I couldn’t hook the fish. It just fell back into the water.

After couple of hours of fishing we decided to move to another spot. I saw some fallen down trees which looked very promising. After trying all types of spoons, crankbait and other lures around the trees and not getting anything, I went for plan B. I setup a bottom rig with two live worms and opened up a fresh can of beer. I caught a seven inch Yellow Perch after some times so I guess plan B worked somewhat.

Ok, so my strategy didn’t work this time around. I think the problem was locating the fish. So for next time I have to work on finding the fish first and then on what type of lure to get them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment