Thursday, October 20, 2011

Red Colors and Spoons for Lake Trout

Last time when I went fishing I wanted to catch a lake trout but instead I got my first largemouth bass. This weekend am going fishing again and the goal remains the same as last week: lake trout. I’ve done a little more reading on how to go about it and here is my plan.

Last time I started out early in the mourning with a gold color spoon. I hooked a small fish, which looked like trout, with it but it escaped (see earlier post). Based on that I decided to buy another gold color spoon in hopes it will work better. The spoon I went with is a Northland Buck-Shot Rattle Spoon and I have a good feeling it will work great because of the rattling effect.

My latest reading has also led me to believe that early in the mourning red colors show up better. First thing in the mourning, I will try a red and black spinner and some red plastic worms I have. Later on in the day I’ll try my other crankbaits, spoons and spinners. Let's see if I'll be able to hook a fish this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment