Friday, October 7, 2011

In the Beginning

I want to welcome everyone to "The Green Angler" blog. For my first post I'd like to tell you all what this blog will be about, so here it goes.

Am a fisherman from the New York area. I've been fishing for about three years now so I consider myself a beginner. The point of this blog will be to document my progress as I, hopefully start becoming better at fishing.

I mostly go fresh water fishing but am not limited to one kind of fishing. In later posts I'll discuss the equipment am using and or purchased for my fishing trips. Then every time I go out fishing I'll make a post about it and tell you guys what type of fish I caught and how I did it.

So far the biggest fish I caught was a 19 inch pickerel. I'm not sure how much it weighted, but am thinking anywhere between 1 to 1.5 lbs. Besides that I caught some brown trout, perch bass and some pan fish but nothing bigger than my pickerel.

So hopefully there will be bigger fish in my future. I should be going fishing this coming weekend so another post will come shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment